Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Cushings Symptoms

Today maybe April Fools Day but Cushing's is no joke! I entered the 30 day Challenge to Blog for the Month of April everyday about Cushing's to help educate and help advocate for Cushing's. Its about Awareness. I had never even heard of Cushing's till I was Diagnosed even though I had gone to many doctors before. If I were to have known about it I am sure I would of been diagnosed earlier and saved a lot of symptoms and heart ache. This is my hope for others. That they get diagnosed at the Earlier stages rather than suffering and having to fight for a diagnoses.

I want to talk about the Symptoms of Cushing's because that is where it starts of course. To have Cushing's you don't have to have all of these Symptoms either. For instance I was Diagnosed, had my tumor removed, and now am in Remission but I only had 18 out of 22 of these symptoms.  That was by Surgery Date when things had gotten worse.

Symptoms of Cushing's:

  • High Blood Pressure
  • Diabetes
  • Round Face
  • Fat pad behind neck (Buffalo Hump)
  • Thin arms and legs compared to Stomach
  • Acne
  • Fatigue
  • Weight Gain especially upper body
  • Depression and Anxiety
  • Osteoporosis
  • Insomnia
  • Irregular Periods
  • Low or No Sex Drive
  • Thin Skin
  • Slow Healing
  • Low Immune System
  • Pink or Purple Stretch Marks
  • Easy Bruising
  • Mood Changes
  • Hypertension
  • Hirsutism
  • Thinning of Hair

If you think you have Cushing's or are in the process of being diagnosed remember there are a lot of places to go to get educated on it, see others stories or be with others for support. I will tell you some of my favorite sites. We want to support you! Tomorrow I will write the different ways you can have Cushing's. If you ever need anything please feel free to email me at Cushingscountrygirl@gmail.com and I will respond as soon as possible. I always respond though! Here are some of those sites.

www.cushings-help.org which has a variety of help and has been around for over a decade.
www.cushingstories.com which has stories, blogs and videos of Cushing's Patients
Cushing's!! is a group I have for Cushing's patients or those who think they might have Cushing's on Facebook.
Battleground Diagnosis is also on Facebook on Fact vs Fiction of Cushing's.

Check some of those out please. The more support we give one another the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment