Thursday, October 23, 2014

Rae's Intro to Cushings.....

Hi! First off I would like to say thank you for even reading this! I hope in some way the posts that we do will help you in some way. I wanted to introduce myself.......

My name is Rae Collins. I am 38 year old married Cushings lady with four teenagers. Yep, you heard me right...4!!! I have three boys and a lovely girl. My life is very busy just with being a mom and a wife. I live out in the middle of no where. Adin, Ca where their is only 250 ppl and live on a ranch with miles upon miles of acreage. I am however a world traveler and love to see and experience new things as my father was in the military so I was able to visit 22 countries growing up. I have the best of both worlds.  Cushingscountrygirl@gmail.com is me......


I have had Cushings for well over 4 years now. I had tons of symptoms....weight gain, brain fog, couldnt sleep, high blood pressure, straie, hair on my chin and face, losing the hair on my head, muscle loss, bruising, thin skin, pain, anxiety, depression, mood swings among other things. But these didn't happen all at once. I did not end up getting osteoporosis or diabetes.
After my kids

185 pounds and 6 feet tall

When I first started getting symptoms


Not everyone has all the symptoms....which is one of the reasons that my co-blogger and I decided to do this blog. To show two sides of the story (journey). We are so different yet we have the same struggles.....
2 months post op with my co blogger! She is amazing!!
My amazing husband and I ...2013 260 pounds


Right before surgery in July 2014 top weight 320
Fast forward to now....I am 2.5 months post op from a pituitary surgery which took out two tumors that were close to my carotid  artery. I am now in remission and slowly daily I am recovering. Its a slow process but its on the uphill side so I am very happy. Changes have already happened in 2 months. I have lost 20 pounds, I have way less brain fog. I am now able to lift almost 30 pounds at once when before surgery at most it was 10 and it hurt my arms to brush my teeth or hair. I have a better mood and anxiety is gone! Gone I say! and YES I AM SLEEPING!!!


This blog for me is to tell you about my Journey and to have a place to say my thoughts and feelings. I want Cushings to be more known. Advocate for it! There can be a light at the end of the tunnel! We can live with Cushings in some way. It may not be easy and I know its very debilitating but to have hope is what I wanted.....and hope....is what I want to give!!! #cushings #cushingsdisease #raredisease #2cushiegirls #post-op #journey #Pituitary #Adrenals #surgery #recovery

 
My first video just found out about cushings


 
Me post op 9 weeks



                              








No comments:

Post a Comment